Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Thu June 21, 2012
Calloway County Altnertative Education Programs Recognized
Two Calloway County School District alternative education programs are among Kentucky’s 10 Best Practice Sites for 2012.
The state education department puts out the list to recognize programs serving at-risk students. The honor means the county’s Day Treatment and the Alternative Education Center will each receive 1,000 dollars in extra funding. Programs are judged in three categories based on curriculum, school environment and resources. KDE will post information about the 10 schools on its website for other districts to use as program models.