Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Thu June 21, 2012
Calloway County Altnertative Education Programs Recognized
Two Calloway County School District alternative education programs are among Kentucky’s 10 Best Practice Sites for 2012.
The state education department puts out the list to recognize programs serving at-risk students. The honor means the county’s Day Treatment and the Alternative Education Center will each receive 1,000 dollars in extra funding. Programs are judged in three categories based on curriculum, school environment and resources. KDE will post information about the 10 schools on its website for other districts to use as program models.