Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu April 10, 2014
Cadiz-Trigg, Southwestern KY EDCs to Merge
The Cadiz-Trigg County Economic Development Center is set to merge with the Southwestern Kentucky EDC. Trigg County Judge Executive Hollis Alexander said the merger is the result of ongoing efforts to reach more people in the Trigg EDC’s work.
“We just feel like that in today’s market and in this time period, it’s the right time to be in a more regionalized effort with our partners over in Christian and Todd counties,” Alexander said.
In a Trigg County Fiscal Court meeting earlier this week, Alexander informed magistrates of the plans that were discussed internally for about 2 years.
Alexander said the deal has seen support among local officials, including approval from the Cadiz City Council. Thursday morning, the Trigg EDC voted to move forward with the merger. Further fiscal court deliberations are set for April 21.
Alexander said he expects the merger to be completed around the first of June. The local EDC will continue to operate as needed.