Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Wed July 31, 2013
Cadiz-Trigg County Comprehensive Plan Overhaul in Beginning Stages
The Cadiz-Trigg County Planning Commission is in the beginning stages of updating its comprehensive plan.
Planning commission Chairman Bob Brume says the update is routine and should cost approximately $10,000 to $15,000.
He says the planning commission is working with the Pennyrile Development District, Murray State University’s College of Business, Cadiz City Council and Trigg County Fiscal Court in addition to the community.
“We want to send surveys out and we want to work with community groups to determine needs and goals and objectives.”
Brume says the plan will take into account recent years’ population growth. He hopes to finish the new comprehensive plan within a year.