Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Wed July 31, 2013
Cadiz-Trigg County Comprehensive Plan Overhaul in Beginning Stages
The Cadiz-Trigg County Planning Commission is in the beginning stages of updating its comprehensive plan.
Planning commission Chairman Bob Brume says the update is routine and should cost approximately $10,000 to $15,000.
He says the planning commission is working with the Pennyrile Development District, Murray State University’s College of Business, Cadiz City Council and Trigg County Fiscal Court in addition to the community.
“We want to send surveys out and we want to work with community groups to determine needs and goals and objectives.”
Brume says the plan will take into account recent years’ population growth. He hopes to finish the new comprehensive plan within a year.