Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed May 27, 2009
Cadiz Tables Restaurant Tax
By Angela Hatton
Cadiz, KY – The Cadiz-Trigg County Tourist Commission will not be getting revenue from a proposed restaurant tax. City Mayor Lyn Bailey and tourism commission members recently tabled the idea due to Trigg's suffering economy in the face of major job loss. The organization had suggested the 3-percent tax on all restaurants in Cadiz to fund tourism publicity. Officials agree the measure is a good idea, but say now is not the time. Tourism Director Bill Stevens hopes to revive the issue in the future.