Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed June 5, 2013
Cadiz City Council Passes Restaurant Tax
A new 3% Cadiz restaurant tax takes effect effect July 1st. Council members voted 4 to 2 on the proposed ordinance last night.
The tax affects all restaurants with a business license within the city. Money collected from the tax goes to the Cadiz-Trigg County Tourism Commission to fund marketing efforts and promote local business. Several council members say community support of the tax influenced their decision. The Tourism Commission is now required to provide the city council a budget within the next thirty days.