Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon October 27, 2008
Butler Renovations Revised
By Carrie Pond
Princeton, KY – As the deadline to spend 250 thousand dollars in state funding approaches, Caldwell County School Board members are retooling renovation plans for the Butler campus. Two years ago, state legislators and Murray State University officials gave the board a check to renovate the top floor of the Butler building to make its classrooms usable. The Princeton Times Leader reports the board opened bids for the project this year, but the lowest submitted estimate was almost three times what the state had appropriated. In light of the project's high cost, the school district has received permission to use the funding toward four smaller projects, including masonry restoration and replacing the building's bleachers. The board has until December to undertake those projects.