Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Sun October 12, 2008
Burn Bans Lifted in 4 Western KY Counties
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – Though the fall burn season is still active, fire departments across western Kentucky have lifted burn bans in effect since late September. Calloway, McCracken, Caldwell and Lyon counties lifted their burn bans after steady rain in the early part of last week eased drought conditions. Murray Fire Marshal Dickie Walls says during fall burn season, residents can only have fires between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. and must obtain a burn permit. Kentucky fall forest fire hazard season began October 1st.