Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Sun October 12, 2008
Burn Bans Lifted in 4 Western KY Counties
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – Though the fall burn season is still active, fire departments across western Kentucky have lifted burn bans in effect since late September. Calloway, McCracken, Caldwell and Lyon counties lifted their burn bans after steady rain in the early part of last week eased drought conditions. Murray Fire Marshal Dickie Walls says during fall burn season, residents can only have fires between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. and must obtain a burn permit. Kentucky fall forest fire hazard season began October 1st.