Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Sun October 12, 2008
Burn Bans Lifted in 4 Western KY Counties
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – Though the fall burn season is still active, fire departments across western Kentucky have lifted burn bans in effect since late September. Calloway, McCracken, Caldwell and Lyon counties lifted their burn bans after steady rain in the early part of last week eased drought conditions. Murray Fire Marshal Dickie Walls says during fall burn season, residents can only have fires between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. and must obtain a burn permit. Kentucky fall forest fire hazard season began October 1st.