Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Tue July 17, 2012
Burn Ban Lifted
A little rain makes a difference in two drought-stricken Western Kentucky counties. The Paducah Sun reports Carlisle County lifts a ban on open burning today.
Calloway County lifted its ban on open burning Saturday after a series of showers. Marshall, Graves, McCracken and Ballard county judge executives say they're waiting for more rain before lifting burn bans in their counties.