Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon February 9, 2009
Burn Ban Issued for Marshall County
By Carrie Pond
Benton, KY – Recent high winds have caused Marshall County officials to issue a burn ban until further notice. Officials say citizens of Marshall County and the cities of Benton, Calvert City and Hardin should refrain from open burning effective immediately. Calloway County Fire Marshal Dickie Walls says an official ban isn't in place in Calloway and Murray, but urges residents to refrain from burning until conditions improve.