Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon February 9, 2009
Burn Ban Issued for Marshall County
By Carrie Pond
Benton, KY – Recent high winds have caused Marshall County officials to issue a burn ban until further notice. Officials say citizens of Marshall County and the cities of Benton, Calvert City and Hardin should refrain from open burning effective immediately. Calloway County Fire Marshal Dickie Walls says an official ban isn't in place in Calloway and Murray, but urges residents to refrain from burning until conditions improve.