Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Thu July 16, 2009
Bunning Releases Fundraising Report
By Angela Hatton
Washington, D. C. – Kentucky U-S Senator Jim Bunning has released his fundraising report for April through June. Bunning raised more than 302-thousand dollars, just over half of what potential Republican challenger Trey Grayson collected. Grayson raised more than 600-thousand dollars during the same period. Democrat Jack Conway has eclipsed them both, raising 1.3 million dollars since he entered the race in April. Bunning has left open the possibility that he may withdraw if his own fundraising doesn't improve. The 77-year-old senator has gathered a total of 1.2 million since he narrowly won re-election in 2004.