Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue June 16, 2009
Bunning Reacts to Williams
By Angela Hatton
Washington, D. C. – U.S. Senator Jim Bunning says he wasn't surprised that Kentucky Senate President David Williams announced he wouldn't be running against him next year. Williams, a Republican, said yesterday he won't challenge the two-term incumbent. Bunning says he doesn't believe Williams was ever serious about running. He alleges Williams was recruited by Republican leaders to feign interest in the race and dry up Bunning's fundraising. The U.S. Senator has faced contention within his own party, including with fellow Kentuckian Senator Mitch McConnell.