Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue April 21, 2009
Bunning Needs $7 Million
By Carrie Pond
Washington, D.C – Republican U.S. Sen. Jim Bunning says he received about 125 thousand dollars at two fundraisers this month and suggests his potential Democratic challengers may want to rethink the race. Bunning spoke with reporters during his weekly conference call from Washington Tuesday. He says that though fundraising has improved, he probably won't need to generate as much money as he had first expected.
Most of the Democrats' money being spent on a primary, I think I can get by with less than- I think I can get by with about the same amount that I had last time- which is about 7 million."
Bunning anticipates a heated race between Democratic frontrunners Lt. Governor Daniel Mongiardo and Attorney General Jack Conway. The two-term senator had originally intended to raise $10 million in his bid for re-election.