Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue May 19, 2009
Bunning, McConnell relations "strained"
By Dan Modlin
Bowling Green, KY – On Sunday, U-S Senator Mitch McConnell declined a televised opportunity to endorse his republican colleague, Senator Jim Bunning, for re-election. Senator Bunning is now calling the relationship between the two lawmakers "strained."
"I said no to him. And he doesn't like people who say no to him. In fact, he's a control freak. He wants to control everything that happens."
Bunning maintains that his voting record is in line with the wishes of voters in most areas of Kentucky. The former major league pitcher says he intends to run for re-election, regardless of whether Senator McConnell wants to endorse his campaign.