Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue May 19, 2009
Bunning, McConnell relations "strained"
By Dan Modlin
Bowling Green, KY – On Sunday, U-S Senator Mitch McConnell declined a televised opportunity to endorse his republican colleague, Senator Jim Bunning, for re-election. Senator Bunning is now calling the relationship between the two lawmakers "strained."
"I said no to him. And he doesn't like people who say no to him. In fact, he's a control freak. He wants to control everything that happens."
Bunning maintains that his voting record is in line with the wishes of voters in most areas of Kentucky. The former major league pitcher says he intends to run for re-election, regardless of whether Senator McConnell wants to endorse his campaign.