Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Tue May 19, 2009
Bunning, McConnell relations "strained"
By Dan Modlin
Bowling Green, KY – On Sunday, U-S Senator Mitch McConnell declined a televised opportunity to endorse his republican colleague, Senator Jim Bunning, for re-election. Senator Bunning is now calling the relationship between the two lawmakers "strained."
"I said no to him. And he doesn't like people who say no to him. In fact, he's a control freak. He wants to control everything that happens."
Bunning maintains that his voting record is in line with the wishes of voters in most areas of Kentucky. The former major league pitcher says he intends to run for re-election, regardless of whether Senator McConnell wants to endorse his campaign.