Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue May 19, 2009
Bunning, McConnell relations "strained"
By Dan Modlin
Bowling Green, KY – On Sunday, U-S Senator Mitch McConnell declined a televised opportunity to endorse his republican colleague, Senator Jim Bunning, for re-election. Senator Bunning is now calling the relationship between the two lawmakers "strained."
"I said no to him. And he doesn't like people who say no to him. In fact, he's a control freak. He wants to control everything that happens."
Bunning maintains that his voting record is in line with the wishes of voters in most areas of Kentucky. The former major league pitcher says he intends to run for re-election, regardless of whether Senator McConnell wants to endorse his campaign.