Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Tue March 31, 2009
By Lisa Autry
Bowling Green, KY – "Lousy" is how U-S Senator Jim Bunning sums up first-quarter fundraising for his 2010 re-election. But the second-term republican says his campaign schedule is starting to fill up with fundraisers in Kentucky and elsewhere. Lisa Autry reports.
THE BASEBALL HALL OF FAMER IS EXCITED ABOUT A FUNDRAISER THIS WEEKEND IN NORTHERN KENTUCKY FEATURING FORMER L-A DODGERS MANAGER TOMMY LASORDA. LATER THIS MONTH, BUNNING HAS ANOTHER FUNDRAISER AT THE LOUISVILLE HOME OF BILL SAMUELS, PRESIDENT OF MAKER'S MARK DISTILLERY. MISSISSIPPI GOVERNOR HALEY BARBOUR WILL HEADLINE THAT EVENT. BUNNING SAYS DESPITE
HIS POOR START, HE'S BETTER OFF THAN HIS DEMOCRATIC OPPONENT.
LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR DANIEL MONGIARDO ARGUES HE IS NOT STARTING THE 2010 CAMPAIGN IN THE HOLE.
MONGIARDO WILL FIRST HAVE TO WIN A DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY. SO FAR THE ONLY CANDIDATE HE FACES IS DARLENE FITZGERALD PRICE OF EASTERN KENTUCKY.