Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri December 25, 2009
Bunning Doesn't Vote
By Jacque Day
Kentucky – Jim Bunning of Kentucky was the only U.S. Senator to miss the Senate's historic Christmas Eve vote on health care legislation. A Bunning spokesperson told the Louisville Courier-Journal that the senator returned to Kentucky for "family commitments." The Courier-Journal reports, that Bunning missed 21 Senate votes this month nearly half the floor votes. Bunning missed votes on a number of amendments and procedures related to the health care bill, which he opposed. He announced in July that he will not seek a third term in 2010.