Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Mon June 16, 2014
Budding Entrepreneurs Pitch Ideas at MSU Hoping for Angel Investor Funds
Do you have the next best business plan, or invention? Or, are you looking to invest in the next big business? Well, tomorrow at Murray State the Kentucky Innovation Network and the Kentucky Angel's Investor Network are hosting a pitch competition for some budding entrepreneurs.
Participants will have 10 minutes to present their business idea to potential angel investors, who provide capital for startup companies. Winners will receive cash prizes and the opportunity to present their plans to the entire Kentucky Angel Investors Network (Kentucky Angels) in Frankfort.
Last year, the Commonwealth launched the Kentucky Angels Network. The group meets online monthly to discuss deals and possible partnerships. Membership is open to accredited investors in and outside the state.
Tomorrow’s competition is at Heritage Hall at Murray State University from 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
For overall information go online at www.kyinnovation.com
Future events are in Elizabethtown, Richmond, Covington, Lexington and Louisville later this summer.