Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon June 16, 2014
Budding Entrepreneurs Pitch Ideas at MSU Hoping for Angel Investor Funds
Do you have the next best business plan, or invention? Or, are you looking to invest in the next big business? Well, tomorrow at Murray State the Kentucky Innovation Network and the Kentucky Angel's Investor Network are hosting a pitch competition for some budding entrepreneurs.
Participants will have 10 minutes to present their business idea to potential angel investors, who provide capital for startup companies. Winners will receive cash prizes and the opportunity to present their plans to the entire Kentucky Angel Investors Network (Kentucky Angels) in Frankfort.
Last year, the Commonwealth launched the Kentucky Angels Network. The group meets online monthly to discuss deals and possible partnerships. Membership is open to accredited investors in and outside the state.
Tomorrow’s competition is at Heritage Hall at Murray State University from 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
For overall information go online at www.kyinnovation.com
Future events are in Elizabethtown, Richmond, Covington, Lexington and Louisville later this summer.