Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Fri December 27, 2013
Brookport Aid Groups Transition From Emergency Response to Recovery
Aid groups are switching from emergency response to recovery in Brookport, Illinois more than a month after a tornado outbreak took three lives and destroyed dozens of homes.
The American Red Cross has had 56 families seek aid and is now providing occupational items, like work boots, tools and other lost goods that victims need to get back to their professional lives.
"If there are needs that they have after FEMA has been able to assist them, then they come back to my office and we see if it's something Red Cross can assist with. We just all kind of work together so that we're making sure that the families haven't fell through the cracks," American Red Cross Little Egypt Director Sandy Webster said.
Webster said the American Red Cross, FEMA and other aid groups will continue to provide recovery assistance until victims are all able to be self sustaining once again.