Most Active Stories
- Murray State Pitcher's Impossibly High Leg Kick Goes Viral
- School and Winter-Related Closings: Wednesday, March 4 (Murray State University Closed)
- UPDATE: Winter Storm Warning In Effect, Landslides and Flooding Reported
- School Closings and Delays: Tuesday, Feb 24
- Chuck Todd: Rand Paul a 'Tier 1' 2016 Candidate; Ky. Dems Not Aligned with National Party
Wed August 6, 2014
Briggs & Stratton to Open Medical Clinic at Murray Plant
Murray's Briggs and Stratton plant is establishing an on-site medical clinic.
Last night, the Murray Board of Zoning Adjustments voted to allow the leasing of property at 400 Industrial Road, adjacent to the engine-manufacturing plant, to establish a medical facility to provide services to Briggs and Stratton employees and families who have company insurance .
Since the area is zoned as industrial, the BZA authorized the issue of a ‘conditional use permit’ in order for the clinic to be categorized as a consumer service type business.
Plant Manager Rodney Bohannon says the increasing costs of healthcare throughout the area has made finding ways to ensure the availability of affordable, quality services for employees a priority.
Partnered with Paducah-based HealthWorks Medical, the 2,000 square foot clinic will have 7 medical rooms, 4 to 5 nurse practitioners and one physician onsite allowing an array of services including quick medical attention for minor injuries, drug screenings, physicals and regular checks-ups.
Bohannon says the only other Briggs and Stratton plant with an onsite clinic is the company headquarters in Milwaukee, WI.
Bohannon hopes to open the clinic as early as September.