Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon September 7, 2009
Bridge Work Prompts Highway Closure
By Angela Hatton
Gilbertsville, KY – Parts of US 62 and US 641 next to Kentucky Dam will be closed starting at 8 AM Wednesday. The Kentucky Department of Transportation reports the temporary closure will allow contractors to prepare to connect a new bridge across the dam. The Tennessee River Bridge is being constructed below the dam. The lane blockage will start in Marshall County at the US 641 / KY 282 Interchange and continue to KY 453 / Dover Road Interchange in Livingston County. Signs will mark a detour via Interstate 24. Tourists and commuters between Grand Rivers and Gilbertsville will be the most affected. Officials expect the closure to last about three weeks. It will be the first of several in the coming months as workers complete the bridge project.