Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon September 7, 2009
Bridge Work Prompts Highway Closure
By Angela Hatton
Gilbertsville, KY – Parts of US 62 and US 641 next to Kentucky Dam will be closed starting at 8 AM Wednesday. The Kentucky Department of Transportation reports the temporary closure will allow contractors to prepare to connect a new bridge across the dam. The Tennessee River Bridge is being constructed below the dam. The lane blockage will start in Marshall County at the US 641 / KY 282 Interchange and continue to KY 453 / Dover Road Interchange in Livingston County. Signs will mark a detour via Interstate 24. Tourists and commuters between Grand Rivers and Gilbertsville will be the most affected. Officials expect the closure to last about three weeks. It will be the first of several in the coming months as workers complete the bridge project.