Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue May 15, 2012
Bridge Work Continues
As some workers secure the new span of US 68/KY 80 Eggners Ferry Bridge on its piers, other are preparing for the next phase of bridge repair. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Spokesman Keith Todd says they will soon be pouring concrete for the road bed. Todd says workers are hustling to finish repairs...
"At this point so far as we know we’re still on schedule to have it done by Memorial Day. The contractor will be working around the clock to finish out the steel work, put in rebar and get it ready for the concrete."
Contractors have until Memorial Day weekend to complete repairs on the bridge or face steep fines.