Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Tue May 15, 2012
Bridge Work Continues
As some workers secure the new span of US 68/KY 80 Eggners Ferry Bridge on its piers, other are preparing for the next phase of bridge repair. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Spokesman Keith Todd says they will soon be pouring concrete for the road bed. Todd says workers are hustling to finish repairs...
"At this point so far as we know we’re still on schedule to have it done by Memorial Day. The contractor will be working around the clock to finish out the steel work, put in rebar and get it ready for the concrete."
Contractors have until Memorial Day weekend to complete repairs on the bridge or face steep fines.