Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Mon May 14, 2012
Bridge Truss Trip Ends Tonight at Site
A flotilla carrying the replacement span of the Eggners Ferry Bridge and two massive cranes will complete its trip tonight.
Kentucky Transportation Officials say once the truss and the cranes, used to hoist the structure, complete the 30 mile trip the weather will dictate how quickly the span can be lifted into place.
The Eggners Ferry Bridge has been closed to traffic over Kentucky Lake since late January when a cargo ship struck the bridge and knocked down an over 300 foot section of the structure. Hall Contracting is working to restore the crossing by the Memorial Day weekend.