Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon May 14, 2012
Bridge Truss Trip Ends Tonight at Site
A flotilla carrying the replacement span of the Eggners Ferry Bridge and two massive cranes will complete its trip tonight.
Kentucky Transportation Officials say once the truss and the cranes, used to hoist the structure, complete the 30 mile trip the weather will dictate how quickly the span can be lifted into place.
The Eggners Ferry Bridge has been closed to traffic over Kentucky Lake since late January when a cargo ship struck the bridge and knocked down an over 300 foot section of the structure. Hall Contracting is working to restore the crossing by the Memorial Day weekend.