Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon May 14, 2012
Bridge Truss Trip Ends Tonight at Site
A flotilla carrying the replacement span of the Eggners Ferry Bridge and two massive cranes will complete its trip tonight.
Kentucky Transportation Officials say once the truss and the cranes, used to hoist the structure, complete the 30 mile trip the weather will dictate how quickly the span can be lifted into place.
The Eggners Ferry Bridge has been closed to traffic over Kentucky Lake since late January when a cargo ship struck the bridge and knocked down an over 300 foot section of the structure. Hall Contracting is working to restore the crossing by the Memorial Day weekend.