Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue May 15, 2012
Bridge Span Installed Today
Massive Cranes are hoisting the replacement span for a portion US 68/KY 80 Eggners Ferry Bridge into position. Kentucky Transportation cabinet spokesperson Keith Todd says the 300 foot span is currently suspended six feet above the road bed and being lowered into place. Once the span is in position, a crew will install reinforcing steel and concrete forms to allow workers to pour a new concrete deck on the structure sometime over the next 12 days. The bridge has been closed since January 26th when a cargo ship struck and collapsed the 300 foot section.