Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed March 31, 2010
Bridge Reopens after Barge Hit
By Chris Taylor
Aurora, KY – The US-68, Kentucky-80 bridge over Kentucky Lake on the Marshall-Trigg County lines has reopened after a barge collision this morning closed the span to traffic. The bridge carries traffic into the western entrance to the Land Between the Lakes. Kentucky Transportation Spokesman Keith Todd says part of the barge tow that struck the bridge sunk outside the river channel. Five others broke free but have been retrieved. The barges were reportedly loaded with grain.