Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed March 31, 2010
Bridge Reopens after Barge Hit
By Chris Taylor
Aurora, KY – The US-68, Kentucky-80 bridge over Kentucky Lake on the Marshall-Trigg County lines has reopened after a barge collision this morning closed the span to traffic. The bridge carries traffic into the western entrance to the Land Between the Lakes. Kentucky Transportation Spokesman Keith Todd says part of the barge tow that struck the bridge sunk outside the river channel. Five others broke free but have been retrieved. The barges were reportedly loaded with grain.