Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Mon June 18, 2012
Bridge Fire Closes Road
KY-1037 (also known as Gore Road and Crap Shoot Road) remains closed for the several days near Clinton due to an early morning fire on a wooden railroad overpass. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says the fire mostly damaged the railing; and the fire may have been deliberately set. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, Canadian National Railroad, and local officials are working to replace the bridge with a modern concrete structure. Construction is expected to start sometime late this year or early next year.