Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Mon June 18, 2012
Bridge Fire Closes Road
KY-1037 (also known as Gore Road and Crap Shoot Road) remains closed for the several days near Clinton due to an early morning fire on a wooden railroad overpass. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says the fire mostly damaged the railing; and the fire may have been deliberately set. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, Canadian National Railroad, and local officials are working to replace the bridge with a modern concrete structure. Construction is expected to start sometime late this year or early next year.