Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu April 16, 2009
Breakthrough in Courthouse Arson
By Carrie Pond
Bardwell, KY – In a press conference Thursday afternoon, Kentucky State Police officials announced an arrest and charges in the nearly sixteen-month old arson investigation of the Carlisle County Courthouse. A Grand Jury has indicted 20-year-old Jeremy Ellis for a number of charges, including arson, burglary, and evidence tampering. The Bardwell resident's arrest comes after additional evidence was collected from the burn site. The Carlisle County Courthouse burned to the ground in December 2007. Ellis is being housed at the Fulton County Detention Center.