Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Fri August 14, 2009
Breaking Ground: Murray's Future Hospice House
By Jacque Day
Murray, Ky. – A hospice house is a place where life's journey can end peacefully and with dignity. But hospice facilities are few and far between in Kentucky. Within the year, the Murray-Calloway County Hospital plans to break ground on the first Residential Hospice House in the region, serving western Kentucky and neighboring sections of Tennessee and southern Illinois. Jacque Day spoke with MCCH vice president of institutional development Keith Travis about the plan, and what it will mean to the community.
A fundraiser is being held Aug. 22 to benefit the Hospice House. To donate or purchase a ticket, call MCCH at 270-762-1100 or 270-762-1908.
WKMS is partnering with Murray Lumber Company during the upcoming WKMS autumn fundraiser in a project benefiting Hospice House.