Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Tue October 13, 2009
Boy Still Critical After Shooting
By Angela Hatton
Louisville, KY – An accidental shooting victim is still in critical condition after the incident Saturday. Ten-year-old Kyler Mathis and two other children were target shooting when a rifle accidentally discharged and struck Mathis once in the head. He was transported to Western Baptist Hospital and then airlifted to Kosair Children's Hospital in Louisville. The McCracken County Sheriff's Department says as of last night Mathis was still listed as critical.