Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue October 13, 2009
Boy Still Critical After Shooting
By Angela Hatton
Louisville, KY – An accidental shooting victim is still in critical condition after the incident Saturday. Ten-year-old Kyler Mathis and two other children were target shooting when a rifle accidentally discharged and struck Mathis once in the head. He was transported to Western Baptist Hospital and then airlifted to Kosair Children's Hospital in Louisville. The McCracken County Sheriff's Department says as of last night Mathis was still listed as critical.