Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue October 13, 2009
Boy Still Critical After Shooting
By Angela Hatton
Louisville, KY – An accidental shooting victim is still in critical condition after the incident Saturday. Ten-year-old Kyler Mathis and two other children were target shooting when a rifle accidentally discharged and struck Mathis once in the head. He was transported to Western Baptist Hospital and then airlifted to Kosair Children's Hospital in Louisville. The McCracken County Sheriff's Department says as of last night Mathis was still listed as critical.