Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Fri June 22, 2012
Bowling Green Businessman Awarded Almost $1M in Lawsuit Against City
A southern Kentucky businessman has been awarded nearly $1 million after a jury found the city of Bowling Green and a city electrical inspector were negligent in handling a long-term power outage at the man's store.
Water leaked into Don Lowe's Feed and Grain in Bowling Green on September 26, 2002 and wasn’t restored for almost a year and a half. Lowe claimed the actions of the city and inspector forced him into default with creditors and vendors. The Warren Circuit Court jury ordered the city to pay Don Lowe $850,000 in damages and inspector Rick Maxwell to pay $120,000 in damages.