Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Thu July 5, 2012
Bourbon Sales Up
Kentucky’s bourbon production has increased 115% over the past 13 years according to the Kentucky Distiller’s Association.
President Eric Gregory says the state now has its largest inventory of bourbon and other whiskeys since 1977- at 5.4 million barrels.
“We’re very happy to have those barrels. The projected tax assess value of those barrels is $1.7 billion, which is up $350 million from the previous year.”
Gregory says 95 percent of the world’s bourbon comes from Kentucky.