Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu July 5, 2012
Bourbon Sales Up
Kentucky’s bourbon production has increased 115% over the past 13 years according to the Kentucky Distiller’s Association.
President Eric Gregory says the state now has its largest inventory of bourbon and other whiskeys since 1977- at 5.4 million barrels.
“We’re very happy to have those barrels. The projected tax assess value of those barrels is $1.7 billion, which is up $350 million from the previous year.”
Gregory says 95 percent of the world’s bourbon comes from Kentucky.