Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu July 5, 2012
Bourbon Sales Up
Kentucky’s bourbon production has increased 115% over the past 13 years according to the Kentucky Distiller’s Association.
President Eric Gregory says the state now has its largest inventory of bourbon and other whiskeys since 1977- at 5.4 million barrels.
“We’re very happy to have those barrels. The projected tax assess value of those barrels is $1.7 billion, which is up $350 million from the previous year.”
Gregory says 95 percent of the world’s bourbon comes from Kentucky.