Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu July 5, 2012
Bourbon Sales Up
Kentucky’s bourbon production has increased 115% over the past 13 years according to the Kentucky Distiller’s Association.
President Eric Gregory says the state now has its largest inventory of bourbon and other whiskeys since 1977- at 5.4 million barrels.
“We’re very happy to have those barrels. The projected tax assess value of those barrels is $1.7 billion, which is up $350 million from the previous year.”
Gregory says 95 percent of the world’s bourbon comes from Kentucky.