Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Thu July 5, 2012
Bourbon Sales Up
Kentucky’s bourbon production has increased 115% over the past 13 years according to the Kentucky Distiller’s Association.
President Eric Gregory says the state now has its largest inventory of bourbon and other whiskeys since 1977- at 5.4 million barrels.
“We’re very happy to have those barrels. The projected tax assess value of those barrels is $1.7 billion, which is up $350 million from the previous year.”
Gregory says 95 percent of the world’s bourbon comes from Kentucky.