Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon August 10, 2009
Body of Missing Deputy Found in River
Clarksville, TN – The body of a sheriff's deputy missing since last Thursday has been recovered in the Cumberland River in Clarksville over the weekend. Montgomery County Sheriff's Department spokesman Ted Denny says the body of 53-year-old William Hassell was found around 3 p.m. Saturday. Hassell was a reserve deputy with the department. Denny says the body was found very close to where the boat was found and where divers searched early on. Denny says the river was very murky from heavy rains. An autopsy will be performed to determine the exact cause of death.