Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon August 10, 2009
Body of Missing Deputy Found in River
Clarksville, TN – The body of a sheriff's deputy missing since last Thursday has been recovered in the Cumberland River in Clarksville over the weekend. Montgomery County Sheriff's Department spokesman Ted Denny says the body of 53-year-old William Hassell was found around 3 p.m. Saturday. Hassell was a reserve deputy with the department. Denny says the body was found very close to where the boat was found and where divers searched early on. Denny says the river was very murky from heavy rains. An autopsy will be performed to determine the exact cause of death.