Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Mon August 24, 2009
Body of KY Lake Drowning Victim Found
By Chris Taylor
Calloway County, KY – Fish and Wildlife officers have released the name of a man who drowned over the weekend on Kentucky Lake. 42-year-old Jochen Will of Germany disappeared Saturday afternoon on the Blood River section of the lake near Panorama Shores. Police suspect a pontoon boat struck Will while he was in the water, but officials have not confirmed the cause of death. Searchers found Will's body Sunday morning. This brings the number of regional drowning this year to 18.