Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Wed August 19, 2009
Boaz appointed commonwealth attorney
By Rebecca Feldhaus
McCracken County, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear's office will soon confirm the appointment of Dan Boaz as McCracken County commonwealth attorney. Though the governor's office could not officially confirm the appointment, Boaz's office is confident in the change in position. Boaz says he is looking forward to new challenges and hopes to keep up the good work they've done over the years. He replaces Tim Kaltenbach who left to become circuit judge. Boaz will serve as commonwealth attorney until 2010. Boaz's assistant, Michael Murphy, shows interest in succeeding Boaz's as county attorney. County Judge Executive Van Newberry has not confirmed the appointment of Murphy as Boaz's replacement.