Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Fri May 10, 2013
Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
A fisherman was killed in a boating accident Thursday afternoon on Kentucky Lake near Marshall County. Timothy Alan Clippard, 51, of Jackson, Mo., was steering his boat under the Eggners Ferry Bridge when he struck an underwater pier structure.
The impact caused the outboard motor to break off and fly into the boat killing him. Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources Officer Garry Clark said Clippard was fishing with a partner in a local bass tournament when the incident happened.
The duo was making its way to the tournament location for a weigh-in ceremony. Clark said the unidentified partner suffered no serious injuries.