Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Fri May 10, 2013
Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
A fisherman was killed in a boating accident Thursday afternoon on Kentucky Lake near Marshall County. Timothy Alan Clippard, 51, of Jackson, Mo., was steering his boat under the Eggners Ferry Bridge when he struck an underwater pier structure.
The impact caused the outboard motor to break off and fly into the boat killing him. Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources Officer Garry Clark said Clippard was fishing with a partner in a local bass tournament when the incident happened.
The duo was making its way to the tournament location for a weigh-in ceremony. Clark said the unidentified partner suffered no serious injuries.