Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Thu February 1, 2007
By Jim Michael
Murray, KY – Nearly ten years ago, Kentucky's General Assembly amended a tax law that reduced the amount boat owners had to pay. The move was praised as being good for tourism. But language in the law allows counties to tack on their own tax, in addition to the state. Until now, there was no real way to pinpoint who owned the tax. But now that the bills are going out, it has some owners moving to surrounding states that don't have the tax.
Click the "Listen" icon to hear Jim Michael's report on the Boat Tax.