Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri June 8, 2012
Board of Elections Certifies Primary Count
The Kentucky State Board of Elections certified the results yesterday from the recent May 22nd primaries across the Commonwealth.
Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes says nearly 14 percent of Kentucky’s registered voters cast ballots. She adds the total was higher than expectations for the May primary. Among other races, the vote served to winnow the field of potential Paducah city commissioners from 20 to 8 and set candidates for a number of state house races.