Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Fri June 8, 2012
Board of Elections Certifies Primary Count
The Kentucky State Board of Elections certified the results yesterday from the recent May 22nd primaries across the Commonwealth.
Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes says nearly 14 percent of Kentucky’s registered voters cast ballots. She adds the total was higher than expectations for the May primary. Among other races, the vote served to winnow the field of potential Paducah city commissioners from 20 to 8 and set candidates for a number of state house races.