Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
Fri June 8, 2012
Board of Elections Certifies Primary Count
The Kentucky State Board of Elections certified the results yesterday from the recent May 22nd primaries across the Commonwealth.
Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes says nearly 14 percent of Kentucky’s registered voters cast ballots. She adds the total was higher than expectations for the May primary. Among other races, the vote served to winnow the field of potential Paducah city commissioners from 20 to 8 and set candidates for a number of state house races.