Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Fri June 8, 2012
Board of Elections Certifies Primary Count
The Kentucky State Board of Elections certified the results yesterday from the recent May 22nd primaries across the Commonwealth.
Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes says nearly 14 percent of Kentucky’s registered voters cast ballots. She adds the total was higher than expectations for the May primary. Among other races, the vote served to winnow the field of potential Paducah city commissioners from 20 to 8 and set candidates for a number of state house races.