Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri June 8, 2012
Board of Elections Certifies Primary Count
The Kentucky State Board of Elections certified the results yesterday from the recent May 22nd primaries across the Commonwealth.
Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes says nearly 14 percent of Kentucky’s registered voters cast ballots. She adds the total was higher than expectations for the May primary. Among other races, the vote served to winnow the field of potential Paducah city commissioners from 20 to 8 and set candidates for a number of state house races.