Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue November 18, 2008
Board of Education Investigates Student Assault
By Carrie Pond
Madisonville, KY – A Central High School mother has asked the Hopkins County Board of Education to take action after her son was assaulted in the school's hallway last week. Assistant Superintendent Linda Zellich says a school investigation has been underway since last week, and officials are reviewing video recorded during the fight and have spoken with students and staff. Hopkins County Sheriff's Deputy Scottie Alexander says a 17-year-old student has been charged with fourth-degree assault in the incident. He says due to the severity of the injuries, the student's charges will be amended to second-degree assault at his court date. Because the student is a juvenile, details of his court date cannot be released.