Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu May 28, 2009
Board discusses feasibility study for convention center
By Casey Northcutt
Murray, KY – The Murray Convention and Visitors Bureau board has approved a $25,000 feasibility and hospitality study for a new convention center. The Murray Ledger and Times reports the board will also hire a company to study the profitability of building a center. Parbell, LLC., owns a lot in Murray and has expressed interest in building a hotel. CVB Executive Director Lindsay Geib hopes to persuade a marketing firm to give a presentation about the feasibility of building the convention center next to the hotel.