Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Thu May 28, 2009
Board discusses feasibility study for convention center
By Casey Northcutt
Murray, KY – The Murray Convention and Visitors Bureau board has approved a $25,000 feasibility and hospitality study for a new convention center. The Murray Ledger and Times reports the board will also hire a company to study the profitability of building a center. Parbell, LLC., owns a lot in Murray and has expressed interest in building a hotel. CVB Executive Director Lindsay Geib hopes to persuade a marketing firm to give a presentation about the feasibility of building the convention center next to the hotel.