Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri March 5, 2010
Board Certifies Brady as Winner in Primary
By Angela Hatton
Springfield, IL – Official results from the Illinois State Board of Elections show Senator Bill Brady won the Republican nomination for governor by 193 votes. Fellow Senator Kirk Dillard now must decide whether to concede the race or ask for a recount. Dillard has said he might seek a recount if he lost by fewer than 100 votes. He's expected to announce his decision at an afternoon news conference. Dillard did not immediately concede the race February 2nd after it ended with Brady ahead by 420 votes. Absentee and provisional ballots counted since then narrowed the gap.