Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri March 5, 2010
Board Certifies Brady as Winner in Primary
By Angela Hatton
Springfield, IL – Official results from the Illinois State Board of Elections show Senator Bill Brady won the Republican nomination for governor by 193 votes. Fellow Senator Kirk Dillard now must decide whether to concede the race or ask for a recount. Dillard has said he might seek a recount if he lost by fewer than 100 votes. He's expected to announce his decision at an afternoon news conference. Dillard did not immediately concede the race February 2nd after it ended with Brady ahead by 420 votes. Absentee and provisional ballots counted since then narrowed the gap.