Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu May 24, 2012
Bluesman Lew Jetton Live on Juke Joint Shuffle this Saturday
This week on the Juke Joint Shuffle, bluesman Lew Jetton drops by for a live in-studio set. Lew and his band, 61 South, are regional favorites playing Summer festivals and clubs around the WKMS listening area.
Listeners may also remember Lew & 61 South for their annual appearances at Kenlake’s Hot August Blues Festival, where Juke Joint co-hosts Rick Nance and John Griffin got to know them.
Lew and his guitar will sit down to shoot the breeze with the boys and play a few of his songs. His deep growling voice is a perfect match for his self-penned songs, which have appeared on two CDs so far: State Line Blues and Tales from a 2 Lane. During the Summer of 2011, a couple of those numbers were in circulation on XM Radio.
Following Lew at the Juke Joint in the next few weeks will be roots musician Ted Belew and singer-songwriter Lane Davis. Be sure to drop by the Juke Joint every Saturday from 1 to 3, and the boys will hit the shuffle button to see what we hear.