Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri April 3, 2009
Bluegrass virtuoso tours with African musicians
By Kate Lochte
Murray, KY – We regularly present Bela Fleck's bluegrass banjo virtuosity during Saturday's Music from the Front Porch. Fleck is touring the country with musicians of Africa, including a concert at Nashville's Ryman auditorium next Wednesday. He's produced a documentary movie about African music with a companion CD, both titled "Throw Down Your Heart." Kate Lochte asks him about Malian Kora master Toumani Diabate who is one of the musicians with whom he's on tour.
Banjo virtuoso Bela Fleck is in concert at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium next Wednesday (Apr. 8). It's part of the artist's Africa Project tour, promoting Bela's Documentary film, Throw Down Your Heart and its companion CD. Our weekly presentation of music from around the world, Country Music, will feature more of Bela Fleck's collaborations with great African artists at 7 p.m. Sunday (Apr. 5).