Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu November 1, 2012
Bluegrass Benefit for Tony Williams
There’s a Bluegrass Benefit Friday night, November 1. A life-threatening infection put Jackson Purchase Friends of Bluegrass’s Tony Williams in Vanderbilt hospital for a month and a half. Tony’s home and better now. His award-winning guitarist and vocalist son Josh Williams dropped in on Music from the Front Porch with Mark Welch last Saturday to talk about the benefit.
Doors open at the Kentucky Opry at 6:30 tomorrow night for a concert by Josh Williams and Friends benefiting medical expenses incurred this autumn by Tony Williams, a founding leader of the Jackson Purchase Friends of Bluegrass. Josh dropped in on Mark Welch’s Music from the Front Porch on WKMS last Saturday morning.