Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu August 1, 2013
Bland Meets Dull In Scotland
Originally published on Fri August 2, 2013 5:01 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne with news of the Boring, Bland, and Dull. That would be the village of Dull, Scotland which has just been visited by a delegation from Bland Shire, Australia. Which wanted to get in on the publicity generated last year when Scotland's Dull established links with Boring, Oregon. Australia's Bland Shire council member Dot McCaskie said she hoped the visit would bring awareness to places with unusual names. Maybe like Monotony Valley, Nevada? It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.