Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Wed April 11, 2007
Bill Paxton on GNEP
By Bill Paxton
Murray, KY – The Paducah Uranium Plant Asset Utilization Task Force has been working to find compatible facilities to replace the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant, which is scheduled to close in the next few years. The international Global Nuclear Energy Partnership (GNEP) offers facilities that would use the experienced nuclear work force in the region. Paducah Mayor Bill Paxton explains his stance on the project.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Bill Paxton on GNEP.
Decisions on where the facilities for GNEP will be located rest with the US Department of Energy and are expected next year. Information on the issue can be found on the web at PaducahGnep.com