Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Wed April 11, 2007
Bill Paxton on GNEP
By Bill Paxton
Murray, KY – The Paducah Uranium Plant Asset Utilization Task Force has been working to find compatible facilities to replace the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant, which is scheduled to close in the next few years. The international Global Nuclear Energy Partnership (GNEP) offers facilities that would use the experienced nuclear work force in the region. Paducah Mayor Bill Paxton explains his stance on the project.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Bill Paxton on GNEP.
Decisions on where the facilities for GNEP will be located rest with the US Department of Energy and are expected next year. Information on the issue can be found on the web at PaducahGnep.com