Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri February 7, 2014
Bill Clinton to Campaign for Grimes in Kentucky
Former President Bill Clinton is planning a trip to Kentucky later this month to campaign for Democratic US Senate candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes.
Grimes said Friday that the former president will campaign with her in Louisville on February 25th. She says Clinton has indicated he wants to make the Kentucky Senate race his top priority this year.
“We appreciate President Clinton’s friendship and are excited that he is making our campaign a top priority,” said Grimes senior adviser Jonathan Hurst in a release. “We’re proud to have the President as a key part of this campaign.”
Clinton is the last Democrat to carry Kentucky in a presidential election.
Grimes, Kentucky's Secretary of State, is trying to win the seat held by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, who is seeking a sixth term this year. McConnell is being challenged in the GOP primary by Louisville businessman Matt Bevin.
The latest poll shows Grimes leading McConnell 46-42 in popularity among likely Kentucky voters.