Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu June 13, 2013
Bigger Wheat Crop Forecast In KY
Kentucky wheat farmers are expected to harvest a larger crop this year. Winter wheat production in the state is forecast at 39.2 million bushels, up 35% from last year's harvest. The forecast comes from the National Agricultural Statistics Service's field office in Kentucky.
The latest prediction released yesterday is based on crop conditions as of June 1 and is up 6% from the May estimate. Wheat yield is forecast at 70 bushels per acre, up eight bushels an acre from last year's output. For the week ending June 2, the state's winter wheat crop was rated mostly good to excellent.