Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu June 13, 2013
Bigger Wheat Crop Forecast In KY
Kentucky wheat farmers are expected to harvest a larger crop this year. Winter wheat production in the state is forecast at 39.2 million bushels, up 35% from last year's harvest. The forecast comes from the National Agricultural Statistics Service's field office in Kentucky.
The latest prediction released yesterday is based on crop conditions as of June 1 and is up 6% from the May estimate. Wheat yield is forecast at 70 bushels per acre, up eight bushels an acre from last year's output. For the week ending June 2, the state's winter wheat crop was rated mostly good to excellent.