Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri December 6, 2013
Big Rivers Rate Meeting Cancelled
A meeting scheduled next Tuesday in Henderson to take comment and provide information on a western Kentucky utility's proposed rate increases has been canceled due to expected severe weather.
The state Public Service Commission said staff is trying to reschedule the session regarding Big Rivers Electric Corp.'s proposal. Comments can also be submitted to the PSC in writing.
Big Rivers wants to increase rates early next year to boost annual revenue by $70 million. The increase is to partially offset the loss of about $175 million in annual revenue that will occur when the Century Aluminum smelter in Sebree ceases to be a Big Rivers customer at the end of January.
The rate increase is estimated to increase monthly residential bills by about $25 to $30 per month.