Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Murray State’s Next President Says University Discussing Short, Long Term Roles with Mid-Continent
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Fri December 6, 2013
Big Rivers Rate Meeting Cancelled
A meeting scheduled next Tuesday in Henderson to take comment and provide information on a western Kentucky utility's proposed rate increases has been canceled due to expected severe weather.
The state Public Service Commission said staff is trying to reschedule the session regarding Big Rivers Electric Corp.'s proposal. Comments can also be submitted to the PSC in writing.
Big Rivers wants to increase rates early next year to boost annual revenue by $70 million. The increase is to partially offset the loss of about $175 million in annual revenue that will occur when the Century Aluminum smelter in Sebree ceases to be a Big Rivers customer at the end of January.
The rate increase is estimated to increase monthly residential bills by about $25 to $30 per month.