Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu September 24, 2009
The "Big Read" in Paducah
By Angela Hatton
Paducah, KY – The "Big Read" is a national reading program created and funded by the National Endowment for the Arts. The Big Read targets reluctant readers of all ages by creating events surrounding a classic piece of literature. This year, Paducah and the surrounding region join hundreds of communities who are putting on Big Read programs. Mary Katz is Education Coordinator for the Carson Center in Paducah and is helping organize events in the coming weeks. Angela Hatton has this interview.