Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu September 24, 2009
The "Big Read" in Paducah
By Angela Hatton
Paducah, KY – The "Big Read" is a national reading program created and funded by the National Endowment for the Arts. The Big Read targets reluctant readers of all ages by creating events surrounding a classic piece of literature. This year, Paducah and the surrounding region join hundreds of communities who are putting on Big Read programs. Mary Katz is Education Coordinator for the Carson Center in Paducah and is helping organize events in the coming weeks. Angela Hatton has this interview.