Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri June 14, 2013
Bidding War Breaks Out For 2 Boston Parking Spaces
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
And that brings us to our last word in business, which is luxury pavement.
In Boston's Back Bay neighborhood, real estate is expensive, and space is tight.
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
And so it was that a bidding war broke out there yesterday. According to the Boston Globe, the price for the item in question started at $42,000.
MONTAGNE: And was bid up to a final price $560,000 - which got the winners two parking spots on crumbling asphalt in an alleyway.
And that's the business news on MORNING EDITION, from NPR News. I'm Renee Montagne.
WERTHEIMER: And I'm Linda Wertheimer. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.