Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu August 8, 2013
Bevin Criticizes McConnell for Mudslinging
Republican Matt Bevin is criticizing Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell of slinging mud in his latest TV ad that began running yesterday. Bevin is challenging McConnell in next year's GOP primary. The two have been trading political punches on Kentucky television stations for weeks already.
In the new ad, Bevin points to McConnell's support in the past for private-sector bailouts. That was in response to a McConnell ad that has been up for several days accusing Bevin of a history of tax delinquency, a charge Bevin denies. McConnell, Kentucky's longest-serving U.S. senator ever, is facing a barrage of attacks from outside groups supportive of Democratic front-runner Alison Lundergan Grimes.