Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu August 8, 2013
Bevin Criticizes McConnell for Mudslinging
Republican Matt Bevin is criticizing Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell of slinging mud in his latest TV ad that began running yesterday. Bevin is challenging McConnell in next year's GOP primary. The two have been trading political punches on Kentucky television stations for weeks already.
In the new ad, Bevin points to McConnell's support in the past for private-sector bailouts. That was in response to a McConnell ad that has been up for several days accusing Bevin of a history of tax delinquency, a charge Bevin denies. McConnell, Kentucky's longest-serving U.S. senator ever, is facing a barrage of attacks from outside groups supportive of Democratic front-runner Alison Lundergan Grimes.