Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Thu August 8, 2013
Bevin Criticizes McConnell for Mudslinging
Republican Matt Bevin is criticizing Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell of slinging mud in his latest TV ad that began running yesterday. Bevin is challenging McConnell in next year's GOP primary. The two have been trading political punches on Kentucky television stations for weeks already.
In the new ad, Bevin points to McConnell's support in the past for private-sector bailouts. That was in response to a McConnell ad that has been up for several days accusing Bevin of a history of tax delinquency, a charge Bevin denies. McConnell, Kentucky's longest-serving U.S. senator ever, is facing a barrage of attacks from outside groups supportive of Democratic front-runner Alison Lundergan Grimes.