Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Tue February 11, 2014
Beshear's Tax Reform Proposal in House Budget Committee Today, A Behind-The-Scenes Look
Lt. Gov Jerry Abramson presented a draft of Governor Steve Beshear's proposed tax code changes to the House budget committee today, which was first announced by Beshear last week. The changes, if fully implemented, could raise an estimated $210 million annually by expanding the 6% sales tax to select services, an increased tax on cigarettes from 60 cents to $1 dollar per pack, and reducing tax breaks on pensions for people earning more than $80,000. On Sounds Good, Kate speaks with policy analyst and member of the Governor's Blue Ribbon Committee on tax reform, Jason Bailey about the events of the day.